If you’ve been looking for a way to increase your indoor go-kart racing skills and become part of a community of racers, joining a league is the perfect solution for you. Test your driving skills against other racers as you climb the leaderboard, and feel part of a team in a fast-paced, unique environment.
Still have some questions? Here’s everything you need to know about league racing.
Here are 4 reasons why you should join a league:
- Competition. Race to compete and even win prizes! We have private and public leagues open to drivers aged 13 and older, and we welcome all skill levels. Whether you’ve been racing for years or you could use a few more lessons, we have a league for you where you’ll be able to compete against your own personal scores as well as those around you.
- Flexible schedules. A typical league lasts 6-8 weeks, and we have multiple per year, giving you plenty of opportunities to join when the time is right for you.
- Increase your skill level. It’s about more than just bragging rights. Our advanced ProSkill point system is updated weekly so you can track your progress as well as how you measure up against the competition. This gives you the chance to set personal goals for yourself to increase your skill all while competing against others. We’ll even reward the winners at the end of each league.
- It won’t cost you an arm and a leg. In addition to getting discounted practice prices throughout the league season, you’ll also get to join a league without spending big bucks.
If you join a league at one of our locations, you’ll receive:
- Discounted prices throughout the league season
- Priority registration for next league season
- Invitations to special league-only events
But don’t just take our word for it; here are the top things our league racers love about being in leagues:
“It’s the most fun you can have racing in a competitive environment without spending thousands of dollars.” – Mike Henry
“League is the best place to learn. I’d rather practice with the 20 best drivers than outrun the average of thousands.” – Skip Potter
“The people in league really make it very fun and enjoyable. I really like that everybody is respectful to each other, even on track.” – Seth Foley
“Camaraderie and making friends” – Ro Reddick
“The competition with others and the fun hanging out with other racers.” – Robert Bird
So what are you waiting for? Even if you’re a beginner, a league can be for you. Feeling intimidated? Here are some tips from the pros:
“Be consistent with what you do on the track. Always follow and watch the fastest guys or gals in the room. Sometimes you’ll find that you’re only an inch away from being faster.” – Mike Henry
“Do it for fun. Race to win, but if you don’t, race yourself for more consistent and personal-best lap times.” – Skip Potter
“The key to fast laps and consistency is getting advice from other people about the lines and following the faster guys. Most importantly for consistency, find where you want to go and look at the next place you want to go or the next mark you want to hit. The hands follow the eyes 100% of the time, so just keep your eye on your destination and you’ll get there.” – Seth Foley
“Focus on making a consistent racing line.” – Ro Reddick
“Use the first couple of laps to adjust to the handling of the cart. Then start hitting marks. Find marks on the track, on the rails that work for your driving line. Fine tune your braking techniques to squeeze every fractional second you can.” – Robert Bird
Ready to join a league? Contact your nearest location for details on how to join. Get ready for the most fun, unique way to increase your racing skills!