A strong team works better together, works more efficiently, and helps hold each other accountable. We all strive for a strong, cohesive team, but how do we get there? A team building activity can put your company on the fast track to success, especially when you throw racing into the mix.
Here’s how team building activities can strengthen your company:
- Improves morale. Let’s face it: feeling a sense of belonging in any type of environment overflows into everything we touch. If an employee feels connected to others around them, they are much more likely to produce results. They’re driven by those around them and feel a sense of purpose beyond just their work.
- Strengthens leadership skills. No matter what the activity is, there’s bound to be some type of situation that requires someone to stand up as a leader. Whether it’s a small detail or impactful details, someone will step up to make decisions that affect the entire group. Some employees may not be given many chances during a typical workday to showcase these leadership skills, but now is their chance to shine. When you see these people step up, remember it; this may come in handy later within the company or when working on a project together.
- Helps the team clearly define objectives and goals. Whether the goal of your activity is to solve a problem, to overcome an obstacle of some sort, or to just let loose and forget about work for a few hours, make sure your team knows the objective, and allow them to truly focus on this. This will help keep them on track, which is great practice for when you get back in the office.
- Identifies employees’ strengths. At work, you get to see employees’ strengths in what they do every day. But during a team building activity, you get to see how they adapt, how they approach a new situation, and how they handle working with others that they may not be used to working with. You get to tap into hidden potential. All of these things can translate into their abilities within the workplace, and other employees will likely notice these.
- Identifies employees’ weaknesses. On the other hand, you will also be able to see who might not excel in certain situations. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing; now you can all see which employees should not be put into specific situations, which ones shouldn’t be given certain roles and responsibilities, and which ones might need some extra communication.
A team building activity is so much more than just taking a break from the typical workday. It allows your team to unite and work toward a brand new goal as a more refined team. Just make sure you’re acting on what you discover and learn as a team during these activities.
At Autobahn, we help drive your team to results and employee engagement.
Experience the difference that racing, completing obstacle courses, and winning together can make.
We’ll even help with catering and provide plenty of options for team building — from racing to obstacle courses, and everything in between. Ready to get started? Click here to learn more.