When it comes to go-karts, there’s an age-old debate of electric vs. gas. While there are a few advantages of gas karts (and they’re the original karts most of us grew up with), we believe the advantages of electric karts far outweigh those. That’s why we use electric here at Autobahn.
Here are 6 advantages of electric karts, both competitive and environmental:
- No exhaust fumes, which provides a cleaner, safer indoor racing experience. Gas karts can produce hazardous fumes that can cause vomiting and sickness, but you’ll never experience this with electric karts.
- Evenly-distributed battery weight, meaning you’re less likely to tip or flip your kart. Gasoline karts have heavy engines mounted in a single location, making it uneven and easier to tip.
- High-tech diagnostic monitoring, which allows us to keep karts performing at their best, and to ensure it’s an even playing field. Gas karts can wear over time, and luck will sometimes be the determining factor in winning a race.
- Reverse gear, which will come in handy in the event of a spin. It’ll get you out of a bad situation and back in the race without needing an attendant to manually push you.
- Covered mechanical components, preventing burns and injuries to drivers. Have you ever accidentally touched a spot on a gas kart and received a nasty burn? You won’t have that problem with an electric kart.
- More torque. Electric karts are better at hitting top speed quicker than gas karts. You’ll get instant power as soon as you slam on the pedal, which comes in handy in tracks with multiple turns since acceleration is key when exiting a turn.
The only major advantage that gas karts have over electric is the range and length of time they can last. Electric karts require charging, and the time a charge lasts can vary, while gas karts simply require a fuel refill. However, this is something that will never affect you as a driver as we have plenty of karts to support this. We’ll gladly tackle this one hurdle if it means providing you with a faster, more enjoyable racing experience.
We’d love for you to come test your skills with an electric kart. Our karts are high-performance, Italian-made, and Formula-1-inspired. Each kart is fast, modern, easily controlled, and safe for racers of all ages and experience levels, while providing a real racing experience realistic enough that many of the top professional racers frequent our tracks.
Ready to try it out? Find the location closest to you here.