At Autobahn Indoor Speedway, our number one core value is to champion safety. We take it very seriously and invest a huge amount of time, effort, and money into making sure that you have the safest experience possible.
Why electric go karts are safe
- They don’t overheat. You may have heard the myth that electric karts tend to overheat, but that’s just not true. Older go karts may have experienced overheating issues in the past, but not the karts we use! Batteries have grown and changed, and we no longer need to worry about this. You’re not going to burn yourself on a kart, and it’s definitely not going to set on fire.
- There’s no exhaust. With electric karts like the ones we use at our facilities, there are no harmful fumes that you’re breathing in while racing or spectating. Electric karts are much safer for the environment and for your health.
What makes our karts different
- F-1 Inspired. We believe the F-1 cars are the best in their class. That’s why our karts are state-of-the-art, Italian-made, third-generation electric karts. They’re simply made of better quality than some karts out there.
- The harness. We use a professional four-point safety harness to keep racers strapped in and safe. That means even if you take a turn a little too wide, you won’t have to worry about getting injured. Just keep your arms and legs inside your kart and you’ll be fine!
- Superior brakes. Our brakes are dual-disc brakes which give superior braking ability to racers that you won’t find everywhere. If you’ve ever had to make a quick stop on one of our tracks, you know how powerful these things are. This helps minimize the amount and severity of collisions on the track.
- Smooth turns. Our rear differential system allows karts to take turns smoothly, even at high speeds. Don’t worry about flipping your kart or falling out — these things can handle the speed!
- Safety barrier system. The barrier system that we use at our facilities has specially designed springs to absorb the forces of impact. It is the most expensive barrier system you can buy, and we feel it is worth every penny.
As with anything else, there are a few ways you can add some extra safety elements to your time at Autobahn. We have plenty of flags and safety rules posted throughout our facilities to keep you in the know, and we present each racer with a safety video prior to racing. Brush up on our flag meanings and you’ll be even more prepared.
Have any questions about our karts or tracks? We’d love to talk to you! Don’t hesitate to reach out to us here.